Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dinner and a movie.

I have a date tomorrow night. A good old fashioned, taking me out for dinner, date. My first in a very long time.

We met last weekend. I was out with my new dear best friend Florence and two boys started talking to her inviting us to sit with them. I assumed she knew them so followed along. Turns out she didn't - her being Irish she chats to anyone and everyone with a friendly face. His flatmate was taking him for a night out because his long term girlfriend back home in New Zealand had broken up with him the day before. It was all very pleasant - there was talk of tractors, the Baltic region of Europe and our various journeys to Kalgoorlie, including a very interesting tale of working life on a fishing boat - and after a while we went our separate ways.

Later that evening we bumped into them again, the chat resumed, his flatmate wandered off and Florence absented herself from the group whispering to me 'he really likes you - I'm off to mingle.' We had another drink, there was a brawl (not unusual for a Kalgoorlie night spot after one in the morning) and I decided it was time to head home. He very politely asked for my number, saying he would like to see me again and could he walk me home. We went via his house were he made me a cup of tea and we chatted for about an hour. He gave me a kiss on the cheek outside my gate and that was that.

He texted me the next day (before midday! Bless him) to say that he had a nice time, and on Tuesday he asked me out for dinner.

So yeah, a good old fashioned dinner date. I haven't slept with him, I haven't even kissed him and he is taking me out. He's nice, if a little timid and certainly a touch damaged at the moment so I'm taking all this very cautiously.

I'll be sure to tell you how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. That is effing awesome.

    The most important questions, what movie are you seeing and what are you wearing?

    Eve

    ReplyDelete